Sunday, December 5, 2010

Jess and Joel - Wedding Inspiration Boards

My friend Jess is getting married in just under two years. She's still very early in the planning process (i.e. they've gotten as far as picking out a month), and she had a few different ideas for color schemes. I decided to try and make a few inspiration boards for her. For the first one, she had wanted "sunset colors" but her fiancĂ©e was afraid it would look tacky. I tried very hard not to make things clash, and I think I did a fairly good job. Also notice that there's a lot of food, both in the pictures and in the color names. I was quite hungry at the time. 




This next one also went with the "sunset" theme, but I wanted to see if I could make it more jewel-toned and autumn-y, as the wedding will take place in September. I don't like it as much as the first one - Jess has a very bright personality - but it's interesting nonetheless. 




If sunset colors don't work out, they will probably go with green. I think it's a nice color, and I have certainly seen it used very well in weddings. I didn't want to just use that weird muted lime that you see at a lot of weddings - not because it doesn't look good, but because it's so overused - so I tried to go a little bit brighter. I also used ivory to try and soften it up. What do you think? 



No comments:

Post a Comment